Book Title: Assessment Ninth Edition
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company
Author: John Salvia
As the best-selling professional resource in its field, this text offers basic assessment information and a handbook of honest, even-handed reviews of the most common K–12 standardized tests. The reviews help teachers and school psychological personnel become more informed consumers and users of standardized tests.
The text is heralded for its perspective on both formal and informal assessment, including reviews of more than 80 standardized tests, portfolio assessment, outcome-based assessment, observation, ecological assessment, and teacher-made tests.
- New! A new chapter on "Testing Students with Limited English Proficiency" covers English language learners, cultural diversity, and the assessment challenges and technical issues in developing and standardizing tests for these students.
- New! New and significantly revised test reviews keep material current in the Ninth Edition. The authors added six new tests and 11 revised tests to the new edition, including Metropolitan Achievement Tests 8 (MAT-8), Riverside Assessment Series (ITBS, TAP, ITED), Standardized Reading Inventory, Second Edition (SRI-2), Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language (CASL), and STAR Early Literacy Computer-adaptive Diagnostic Assessment.
- New! New coverage in this edition includes the No Child Left Behind Act, current practice in testing accommodations, assessment of academic achievement with multiple-skill devices, assessment of reading, and assessment of oral and written language. New coverage of high-stakes testing and accountability appears in the final chapter.
- New! A special feature, "The Evolution of Assessment Practice: Where Are We Headed?" appears at the end of the text. It gives an overview of the critical issues facing the future of the assessment field, and describes the new Problem-solving Model as an approach for addressing assessment practices in schools.
- New! A new companion web site for instructors and students expands on the textbook's content and provides resources for further exploration. It offers appendices from the text, test reviews from prior editions, links to relevant web sites, links to additional print and web resources, worksheets, overheads, and more.