Book Title: Project Smoke: Seven Steps to Smoked Food Nirvana, Plus 100 Irresistible Recipes from Classic (Slam-Dunk Brisket) to Adventurous (Smoked Bacon-Bourbon Apple Crisp)
Publisher: Workman Publishing Company
Author: Steven Raichlen
- Barbecue Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades--Bastes, Butters & Glazes, Too
- Flavorize: Great Marinades, Injections, Brines, Rubs, and Glazes
- The Ultimate Bar Book: The Comprehensive Guide to Over 1,000 Cocktails
- Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto
- The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea
- Whole Beast Butchery: The Complete Visual Guide to Beef, Lamb, and Pork
- The Vegetable Butcher: How to Select, Prep, Slice, Dice, and Masterfully Cook Vegetables from Artichokes to Zucchini
- The Bread Bible: 300 Favorite Recipes
- I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0: The Director's Cut
- The Everyday Meat Guide: A Neighborhood Butcher's Advice Book
From America’s “master griller” (Esquire), a step-by-step guide to cold-smoking, hot-smoking, and smoke-roasting, and a collection of 100 innovative recipes for smoking every kind of food, from starters to desserts.
Smoke is the soul of barbecue, the alchemy that happens when burning wood infuses its magical flavors into food. Project Smoke tells you how to make the alchemy happen, with Raichlen’s seven steps to smoking nirvana; an in-depth description of the various smokers; the essential brines, rubs, marinades, and barbecue sauces; and a complete guide to fuel, including how each type of wood subtly seasons a dish. Then the recipes for 100 enticing, succulent, boldly-flavored smoked dishes, including Bacon-Crab Poppers, Cherry-Glazed Baby Back Ribs, Slam-Dunk Brisket, Jamaican Jerk Chicken—even Smoked Chocolate Bread Pudding.
Illustrated throughout with full-color photographs, it’s a book that inspires hunger at every glance, and satisfies with every recipe tried.